About Me

My photo
I am and lover of fashion, music, and hair. I made the decision to go natural in May 2008 (BC November 2008) and I am enjoying everyday of my journey. I hope my readers will be inspired to look within themselves and discover the true beauty that we all have and also just enjoy learning from my life.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gettin It in In 2010

Sooooo normally I dont do the whole New Year's Resolution thing because I believe you set goals for yourself every chance you get not just at the beginning of the year.  Now I feel like I wanna do so much with this extra time I have since Im only taking 13 hrs this semester.  My wig project was a start and I know I wanna experiment a lot more with my hair and just be bold and exciting.  I'm still looking for a job and I know I will find one when the time is right so that's in God's hands.  Other than that I really wanna focus on getting in shape and just making healthier choices.  I mean let's face it I dont wanna be a diabetic or have hypertension of some kind like the rest of my family so I might as well get on this healthy kick ASAP.  I realize that the one thing that stops me from doing things like working out or playing sports is that Im afraid people will see me and judge me.  Truth is I love love love sports and always have, I was just too chicken in high school to try out in high school.  I was afraid that I wasn't gonna be good enough and I just wanted to do it for the adrenaline rush.  I havent ran in a long time but I remember that I felt really liberated when I just let go and ran at whatever pace came to me, it was the best feeling in the world. 

So that being said here are my NYE resolutions:
Pray more and incorporate God into my everyday life (Taking Jesus off the self, Life's too hard without him)
Get fit! Try different exercises include cardio, yoga, and resistance
Experiment with more hairstyles (Braids, Twists, Wigs, Weaves etc)
Try things I've never eaten before
Learn to play card games
Study during the time I have in between classes
Make A's and B's this semester

No comments: